Compliance Certificates

A compliance certificate is a document provided by the Town stating whether development on a parcel of land complies with the uses and regulations described in the Land Use Bylaw.

Upon sale of a property, a lawyer, realtor or lending institution may require that you obtain a compliance certificate from the Town.

Note: The Town does not require a compliance certificate, however, this may be required by the parties listed above.

Application Form

To request a Compliance Certificate, you must fill out the Application Form and attach:

  • A Real Property Report (RPR) prepared by an Alberta Legal Surveyor that is less than six months old; or

  • An Affidavit stating there have been no changes to the property.

Certificate Fee

A fee of $75.00 (GST included) is payable at time of issuance of certificate or statement.


For more information about compliance certificates, please contact:

Marilyn McMartin, Planning & Development Officer
P: 780-987-8327


Terms Of Use | Privacy Statement | Copyright 2020 © Town of Devon
Login | | Website by WebmontonMedia