Animal Control & Licensing

Devon Protective Services provides animal control services for Devon residents. To register a complaint about any annimal issues in the community, please contact our Community Peace Officers Dispatch Line at 1-825-316-2008 or submit an online complaint here.

General Inquiries

For questions about bylaws or other general information, please call 1-825-316-2008.

Animal Licensing

All domestic animals in Devon require a license with the Town. To license your pet, please fill out our registration form and return it with payment to the Town of Devon Office. Forms are also available at the Town Office.

Click here for the Animal ID registration form

Special Animal Permit Applications

Devon's Responsible Pet Ownership allows for residents to have certain non-domestic animals such as chickens on their property provided they are approved by Town Council. Residents wishing to house special animals can apply for a Special Permit through the Town. 

In order to complete the Special Permit, residents must first register online at the Government of Alberta Identification website to receive their unique Premises Identification Number (PID#).

Click here for the Special Permit Application form

Completed applications can be emailed to or hand delivered at the Town of Devon Office with "Attn: Protective Services".

Residents who are currently housing special animals such as chickens in Devon without a special permit are encouraged to contact Devon Protective Services to receive proper permits and important information regarding the regulation of non-domestic animals in Alberta.

P: 780-987-3440

Lost or Found Animals

As of Jan. 1, 2019, the Town of Devon has contracted Country Kennels Bed and Biscuit to provide animal shelter services for animals lost and/or found within Devon's limits.

Country Kennels Bed and Biscuit Contact

48412 RR 260, Leduc County, AB, T9E 2X1

Main: 780-986-4664
Fax:   780-986-0750


Found a pet?

Residents who find a lost or stray domestic animal can contact our Community Peace Officers and they will arrange to pick up the animal to transport it to the shelter. Alternatively, residents may bring the animal to the Country Kennels Bed and Biscuit Animal Shelter on their own accord.

Deceased Animal Removal

Community Peace Officers do not provide removal and disposal of deceased animals.

  • For removal of deceased animals on Town-owned land, please contact Devon's Public Works department at 780-987-3342.
  • For removal of deceased animals from Provincial Highways, please contact Carillion Highway Maintenance at 1-800-390-2242.

Responsible Pet Ownership Bylaw

Click here for Devon's Responsible Pet Ownership Bylaw

Terms Of Use | Privacy Statement | Copyright 2020 © Town of Devon
Login | | Website by WebmontonMedia